"dispose" did seem the operative word
here's a dream i had in the middle of the night last night. perhaps oddly, i revisited it repeatedly (while awake or asleep i'm not sure) in the latter hours allotted for sleep.
my significant other had recently died. (it wasn't kara. nor was it i. i think in the dream i was someone else altogether, and the dead one was a man.) he was still in the house, on the couch, and though his death had not seemed unexpected, no arrangements had been made. so i was on the phone to a funeral home, talking about coffins and cremation and the logistics of having him transported away from my house. i wanted him collected.
then a serviceperson of some kind (a gardener?) was in my back garden, near the fountain, and he suddenly collapsed. i rushed outside to see if he was all right, but he wasn't. he was dead. i had just gotten off the phone with the funeral home, and now there were two dead people i had to dispose of. it was quite overwhelming.
that's it. end of dream. it's perhaps troublesome to consider the nonchalance with which i dealt with these deaths. such a chore it was. perhaps there's simply too much horror in the world to take in? what what?

2 comments:
Wierd... I had some kind of crazy dream last night too, and your post made me go OH YEAH... THAT DREAM. But I can't remember what it was. I've had two publishing-related nightmares in the last few weeks. One was that they spelled the name of my book wrong (HERXE, not HEXE) and the other was that it wasn't definite that the book was going to be published after all.
I wonder what your dream relates to, Freudianly....
OK, I'm coming back at 4 a.m. to tell you I remember the dream from the night before. It involved carrying laundry through vast dim-lit subterranean city blocks, only to be held up at gunpoint.
Post a Comment