11/30/2007

heavy lidded

well, i got my contacts today, but i couldn't put them in. i was there in the optometrist's office for half an hour, the left lens on the tip of my left index finger, trying with my right hand to hold my left upper lid up long enough to get the lens onto my eyeball. no dice. no dice at all. the optometrist assistant lady finally put the left one in, but then i couldn't put the right one in. then i couldn't take the left one out. so she took that one out for me and i fled. i got new glasses too, so it wasn't a total washout. i have the contacts too, of course, a single pair, and i will work more on getting them in, but not today, or at least not for a few hours, because my eye is quite irritated right now and so, actually, is the rest of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that when I got my contacts it took a while before I could get them in - there's a good reason it's hard to stick things in your eye, I think. For good or for bad, I can now stick my finger in my eye quite easily.